Level 7 occupational competence (at end of programme)
24 – 30 months duration
depending on prior experience / learning
£18,000 maximum funding cap
available from Apprenticeship Levy
Senior Leader In Advanced Therapies
A leader within an organisation who has senior management responsibilities, formal governance and/or director responsibilities.
A leader is someone who has senior management responsibility, and this can include formal governance/director responsibilities. They are responsible for direction and vision, providing a clear sense of purpose and driving strategic intent. They take into account market trends and environmental influences, identifying longer-term opportunities and risks. Through inclusive leadership, they are responsible for developing ethical, innovative and supportive cultures with the ability to deliver results. They are a role model, with responsibility for those in senior positions/significant organisational budgets.
Occupational Profile: Professional strategic leaders in the private, public or third sector and all sizes of organisation, who lead, manage and direct organisations. Specific job roles may include: Senior Leader, Section Leader, Executive, Director, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Information Officer, senior military officer, HE Registrar and Head of Department/Faculty.
- Knowledge of organisational dynamics and how to build high performing teams.
- Understand large scale and organisational influencing & negotiation strategies.
- Know how to shape organisational vision, culture and values.
- Understand innovation, systems thinking and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of ethics & values based leadership; regulatory environment, H&S Knowledge.
- Understands financial strategies inc. scenarios, modelling and identifying trends.
- Use of horizon scanning to deliver performance strategies, undertaking research.
- Initiates and leads change, creates environment for creativity.
- Challenge strategies and operations in terms of ethics and corporate responsibility.
- Oversees financial strategies & management, allocation of resources and contracts.
- Uses personal presences to articulate and engage in operational strategies.
- Enables an open and high performance working environment.
- Manages complex relationships across multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Has high level of self-awareness, emotional and social intelligence.
- Takes personal accountability aligned to clear values.
- Is confident and brave, willing to innovate, seeks new ideas & contingencies.
- Engaging with all – leads by example.
- Reflects on own performance and demonstrates professional standards.
- Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their Apprenticeships. At least 3 years previous management experience will be required.
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to endpoint assessment.
- For those with an education, health and care plan, the English and maths minimum requirement is entry Level 3.
- At the end of the apprenticeship apprentices will have completed a Level 7, MBA qualification and have achieved the knowledge, skills and behaviours as set out in the standard.
- On completion, candidates can register as full members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, and can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI.
Training provider analysis
This is a relatively new apprenticeship standard used widely across sectors. Training provider analysis identified a number of potential organisations that deliver a Level 7 Senior Leadership apprenticeship. An MBA is incorporated as part of the knowledge element of some deliveries.